Revisiting Panasonic Lumix 14mm F2.5 Pancake lens

Recently I have re-acquired the often underrated Panasonic 14mm F2.5 pancake lens, and naturally it became the most frequently used lens for my latest shutter therapy session. I brought along the Panasonic 14mm F2.5 pancake lens alongside Olympus M.Zuiko  45mm F1.8 to Chow Kit, which was my favourite street hunting ground for a much needed street photography session last Saturday. I had Van, Robert and Sim joining me for this session.

I genuinely love pancake lenses, and I think Olympus and Panasonic should produce more pancake lenses. We already have compact and superbly sharp F1.8 lenses, why not create pancake lenses of respective focal lengths, but instead of F1.8, make them F2.8? I can totally imagine having 25mm F2.8 and 45mm F2.8, and perhaps a 12mm F3.5 (since it is more difficult to do a pancake design for wide angle lenses) but keeping everything in slim, pancake design. Yes, F2.8 means we are losing some light or having more depth of field but imaging the lens being so slim and compact! I can live with the aperture brightness compromise, as long as the image quality is still decently sharp and technically well controlled. Give us more pancake lenses, make them ultra portable, and most importantly, reasonably priced (oh make them cheap that we do not even have to think twice to buy).

I am falling in love again with the Panasonic 14mm F2.5 lens. I simply love the 28mm focal length (equivalent) perspective, which is rather wide and produces different coverage than what I normally do with 25mm F1.8 and 45mm F1.8 lens.

All images were taken with Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II with mostly Panasonic 14mm F2.8 and a few shots with M.Zuiko 45mm F1.8

Oh yes, I test printed a photo-book, just to see how the print quality is. Was also toying with the idea of making a photobook for sale to my blog readers. This idea will have to remain an idea for the time being. 



Free Ride 

Beneath the Cloths

Morning Hang Out

Portrait Of A Stranger 
This was obviously shot with the 45mm F1.8 lens, of course. 

Mutilated Parts from Plants

In Case They Burn

The Making of Egg Noodles

Transport

Afternoon Nap

Fish

Roots

Vegie Lover 

Closed Shop

meow

Blue

You Do Not Need To Sit On A Chair To Make A Chair

After our shutter therapy session we decided to cool down ourselves and feed our grumbling stomachs at a local cafe, Acme Bar & Coffee at Ampang Park. We were seated by a large window panel, hence the lighting was glorious and I thought why not, shoot some "hipster-looking-Instagram-able" food shots? Like everyone else is doing. Note: Food shots were taken with Olympus M.Zuiko 25mm F1.8 lens, except the last one which was shot with Panasonic 14mm F2.5








Revisiting Panasonic Lumix 14mm F2.5 Pancake lens Revisiting Panasonic Lumix 14mm F2.5 Pancake lens Reviewed by Unknown on April 04, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.